Saturday, October 29, 2011

New (Favorite) Art Piece


36 x 40

I loved this setup in my studio. I moved a few things around and painted it from a different view point. There is something musical and almost magical in all the blues on display.
I remember going to a museum in Paris and seeing Monet's large panels of Waterlilies. I recall that there seemed to be a soft blue haze that settled not only over them, but over me as well. I felt like I needed to dust off the mist when I left museum that day. It was an incredible feeling for me, like a little kid at Disney world. 
On another trip to France, I received special permission to go into his gardens in Giverny on  a day when they were closed to the public. Only the gardeners and I were present. I had my pochade easel and had planned to paint. I was so overwhelmed with the time and place that I could only walk around and take photos for later. All I could produce was a few small sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment